Monday, July 9, 2012

It's not a goodbye, it's a tunaalabagana!


Welcome to my blog! I’ll do my best to post during my time in Kampala and keep you all informed as to what/how I’m doing. Alsooo, I still need to fundraise more money for my trip and am grateful for any amount you can donate. Below is the link. Thank you very much for all those who have already donated, I appreciate it a lot. 

Today I managed to jam the copier at the local PostNet while making copies of my passport. The employee who helped me unjam the machine began small talk and asked me where I was off to. I told him that I’ll be working in Kampala, Uganda for Soccer Without Borders, but first on July 10th I’m off to Boston for a 5-day training. He was puzzled by the last statement, and asked why I just didn’t say that I leave tomorrow for training. I told him that that was a great question and that I didn’t know why. After he left, I realized that July 10th has always seemed like an eternity away and as my response shows, it even seems like an eternity away today. So, tomorrow is July 10th and I leave Cali for Boston to start this journey. I still can’t believe the time has already come!

Friends, family, Amurriccaaa: Tunaalabagana*

Stay tuned for more posts.

Donation website:




*Tunaalabagana is a Luganda phrase for see you later.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
    You are one amazing girl! We are looking forward to read your blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you already know more Luganda than I do. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete